Thursday, 17 October 2013
What has been happening to me? I just stopped writing and due to guilt pangs also stopped visiting the blogs I follow except a few that I subscribed to on emails.Apologies to all.
June saw my husband and I losing a friend. It was unexpected and very devastating for all of us as he was such a vibrant and Healthy man but he still had a HEART ATTACK and as we never saw it coming it just blindsided us, this is the 1st time for me, that a friend will lose a spouse and I had to be there for her and kind of experienced it with her but it in the end, after he was buried, we (her friends) still went back home with our spouses.
This has encouraged me to start a healthy lifestyle for myself as I realised it was time to be serious about losing the EXTRA kilos I carry along and resume exercise which I stopped about 2yrs ago because I was bored of going alone.
I saw a doctor, had test done both blood and urine and an ECG. The result was High cholesterol in addition to the Hypertension that I have battled for years and a bit of problem with the heart. I was placed on medications and since I don't like taking drugs, I have started some lifestyle changes.
I am writing this for accountability sake,so that you will hold and keep me accountable.
My starting weight was 99kg and I have lost 5kg so far by watching my diet and I started walking and exercising again this week.
- To lose 10kg by christmas following the 8weeks 'Lose and Tone Challenge' by Zone Fitness
- To lose 27kg in total and reach 72kg by the middle of next year.
- To walk at least 12,000 steps daily.
- Learn and incorporate healthy eating habits to control Blood Pressure and lower Cholesterol,so that I can come off or reduce medication
-To start Weight Training to increase muscle mass and give defination.
- Encourage husband to join the band wagon.
- And of course wear a size 16 by Christmas and eventually a size 14.
I will try to update my blog regularly to keep you posted and to be motivated.
Love and kisses