Total Pageviews

Wednesday 16 May 2012

Moving On

Hi,

Thank you for listening to my rantings and it is so funny how much better I am these days. My children are healthy and happy and older son just got admitted into High school and we've paid the fees and bought the uniforms, so, that is settled.

Today, 15years ago,I had my traditional marriage and I can remember the excitement just like yesterday, my mum just retired and had time on her hands and I was supposed to be serving NYSC (yes,I'm that old) in Umuahia but I absconded after camp because I was not redeployed back to Lagos. I did not even report to the place of pry assignment,all that was on my head was my wedding plans.

And planning I did, the months before the wedding was a bonding time between me and Mum, we never used to be close as she was so busy with her job as a banker, we shopped and made decisions together and my parents let me have everything I wanted as per the wedding. It was beautiful, both the traditional and Church ceremonies.
I thank God for beautiful memories and a beautiful life with Yemi as well.

As the song goes;
Count your Blessings
Name them one by one
Count your Blessings
See what God has done
Count your Blessings
Name them one by one
And it will surprise you
What the LORD has done.

So, I'm counting my blessings this morning and ask you to Thank the Lord with me for his goodness and mercies for the past 15years.

Have a lovely day




PS; for those of you wondering, my NYSC was extended by 6 months and 6 months allowance was also not paid but small price to pay compared to the time I got to know my mum.

1 comment:

sisiekomi said...

Awesome vintage inspired blog-sale coming up at www.sisiekomi.blogspot.com 24th June 2012. Time 2pm.

So many lovely pieces to choose from,all outfits below 4,000 naira.Free delivery available within Lagos!

Don't be left out!Visit the blog for more information!