Total Pageviews

Monday 21 March 2011

Dreamin?

How have you been and how are you?

I have been quite busy at work and when you include my primary job of wife and mummy,     huumh.........some will understand the weariness that my body feels.

  Early mornings as we leave home as early as 6.15am, so as to beat traffic and make it for older son's 7am extra lessons before school starts and pick up after work and going  or is it flowing with traffic to get home, to cook dinner and help out with home work, bedtime comes for the boys and the OLDEST boy wants my attention and I have to listen to how his day went and give my encouragements.

Why is it that a woman is expected to give so much and get so little in return.........?
 Imagine this,I have picked up a chest infection this past few days,which despite, antibiotics seems to be getting worse and I have now totally lost my voice for the past 2days but I was still expected to go the PTA meeting in the boys school (note he has never been to one in the past5yrs), travel down to Agbowa, Ikorodu for the burial of a neighbor who was more like a mother to me.... she was the one that gives my boys their baths the first few weeks of life.
 Come Sunday after I have been up for hours, he wakes up at about 8.30am,shower and eats breakfast and then starts going on and on about how we will make him late for service at 9.30am. After service ,he did not allow me fellowship as he has a meeting and we need to go and then keeps me waiting in the car while he fellowships with his friends. And when I complain all I get is MA BINU. No helping hand from him and dinner still had to be made and it was plain Rice and Stew not the Jollof or Fried Rice he prefers.......sebi am not feeling well.

What a life, I need a holiday right now. A total break away from family and the familiar to an exotic location  (Banjul sounds nice) where I can read all my unfinished books without a knock on the door,eat what I want when I want it.....a la carte without entering the kitchen, gist well into the night with my girlfriend(who comes with me), shop till I drop and get all the massages and spa treatment a girl wants...BLISS.

DREAMS, you say!

Well I can dream can't I?  Who knows just maybe.

 But just dreaming and writing makes me feel better already and I will close early today barring any late patient with toothache and get into bed with a good book, boys will spend the night with my parents and he can drink garri and suya for a change and I get some Me time
psss..... I can,t talk anyway as my voice decided to go on that vacation without me.

  Cares

4 comments:

Myne said...

eh ya, sorry about your voice. Yes o, we can dream on. :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the book and can't wait to get a copy

Anonymous said...

I pray you get your voice back!

Dreams are good. In our dreams every thing is so right.

Anonymous said...

I hope you get better. Thanks for stopping by my blog...blessings on you and yours :)